Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
a la Brittney

6 T honey
5 T lime (1 lime)
1 T chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1 lb chicken cooked and shredded (I use 2-3 chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack and colby cheese, shredded and mixed
1 1/2 16oz cans ofgreen enchilada sauce
1 1/4 c heavy cream
Mix together the first 4 ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let marinate for at least half an hour ( I usually put it in a ziplock bag the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight). Pour about 1/2 c of the enchilada sauce with 1/4 c heavy cream on the bottom of an 9x13 pan. Fill tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese with about 1 Tablespoon of the mixed enchilada sauce and cream. Fill pan with rolled enchiladas. Save 1-2 cups of cheese to sprinkle over the top. Pour remaining sauce over the top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Savana said...

I wanted to try this because it sounded like it was the same thing someone had brought to me after I had my baby and I had really liked it. I was right! We really enjoyed it!
I halfed the recipe and didn't have heavy cream so I just used milk and it was still great. Thank you.